Director of the Belarusian Children’s Hospice, Anna Garchakov, visited the UK recently at the invitation of Friends of BCH. Her busy schedule included
• spending a day with the director of Richard House Children’s Hospice in London
• attending the fundraising piano recital by international pianist and patron Alexander Ardakov in Amersham
• meeting parishioners at Immaculate Heart of Mary, Great Missenden who have regularly supported Friends of BCH and the hospice over a period of many years
• a meeting with the Belarusian Ambassador to the UK HE Mr Sergei Aleinik and his wife Ludmila at the Belarusian Embassy
• speaking about current news and initiatives at BCH at a Friends of BCH trustees’ meeting
For nearly all of the time that Anna was in the UK she was accompanied by Friends of BCH chairwoman Daryl Ann Hardman. It was a very full itinerary and most worthwhile for all concerned.
Anna with Fr Wayne Coughlin and Friends of BCH trustees at IHM, Great Missenden